Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: A year in review

It's hard to believe I am even here sitting down to summarize 2013. This year has flown more then the previous few years.


In January, we spent some old fashioned quality time together as a family going bowling. I still suck and Jake still talks about how much he loves bowling.  We also went through a tough spot with Jake. I didn't think we would ever make it out of the 3's all in one piece, but we did and 4's is so much fun.



In February, we experienced sickness after sickness after sickness, first febrile seizures, and I got a life lesson from God.  I also went on a Mommy-Jake date and it was so much fun to have some special time with him. He looked so cute.





In March, we closed on our new house and prepared to make many new family memories. I had a breakdown after closing not realizing how much this big step made me miss Daniel so much. I also took the time to deactivate my Facebook account and focus on more real time. 



In April, I began a journey towards a new kind of peace and learning more about my little family. I experienced God on a deeply personal and very tangible level. I began to understand the love of family so much more and the men tried their hand at eating smores. 




In May, we had much to celebrate. Jake turned 4, Mother's Day drew upon us again and Mason made his first visit to Missouri. We also had the fun privilege of getting to watch our Chickens grow and enjoy the weather. And I not so patiently waited for them to start the egg laying process.





In June, Andrew turned 2. Ryan went above and beyond to make our boys smile, and I revisited Job again. This time, gleaning so much more. 



In July, my Grams came to visit, Jake experienced fireworks from behind a glass door and Andrew gave us the funniest video to date. We also marked a 2 year milestone and had to talk about some ugly stuff. But, like always, we came out stronger because God is always on our side. 




In August, my Dad turned 50, I celebrated 28 and Jake started Pre K. 



In September, a new pet found it's way to us, old friends and birthday buddies came to visit and Jake started Taekwondo. I also reflected on 9/11.





In October, I had 2 superheros, the Chickens started laying, we made our annual trip to The Great Pumpkin Patch with life friends, and I continued learning about the importance of family. 





In November,  I experienced falling leaves on 3.5 acres and Mase celebrated turning 1.




In December, I celebrated Daniel's 6th birthday in Church. I cried-hard. It was a deep, painful cry that, once finished, renewed me. Christmas was one of the best I have had in awhile. It gave me hope that the season didn't always have to be so hard. I reflected on family, rejoiced in the love we all have for one another, and watched Jake begin to understand what the meaning of the season was about. His favorite part was still the presents :)







1 comment:

  1. Great summary.....thanks for sharing!! Praying a spiritually happy and healthy 2014 for you and your family! <3

    ReplyDelete