Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wings part 2

I wasn't sure exactly what to expect going in to the meeting yesterday. I wasn't sure what my part was going to be in all of this. I only knew that I was supposed to be there. Going in I was fearful that I wasn't going to have the time to work full time, mother full time, be a wife full time and fit in volunteering. But, then again, that shouldn't be a worry I need to carry. And I kept telling myself that; I am meant to be a part of Wings, my world is shaping me to be a part of this palliative care program.

I met with the head director of BJC's hospice and it was a very informational meeting. The perinatal program has been in use for some years but there just hasn't been a lot of people on board to make it as beneficial as it could be. They are currently looking for new ways to rebuild the program and get fresh perspective. Cue me. In the coming month, we will be meeting with a high risk obstetrician, the director, hospice coordinators and nurses to brainstorm. I always thought my perfect job was to be a labor and delivery nurse; never would I have thought it was grooming me to be part of something so much bigger. I feel renewed with my job. Believe me, this is an answer to prayer; I wasn't sure if working in a hospital was for me anymore but working where I am is exactly what is needed right now.

And it was reassuring that I stared my meeting with a handshake and left with a hug.

In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
Romans 12:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment