Friday, January 6, 2012

Yeah, I DVR'd the series finale of Wizards of Waverly Place...and my kids aren't going to watch it...

I never really realized how much food plays a part in my life until Ryan and I started our diet. To say I love food is an understatement. I lllloooovvveee food and eat when I am happy, sad, bored, tired, having fun, hanging out or working nights. Food Network is constantly on in our house and we've become quite the food snobs. It doesn't help when Ryan is an excellent cook and I can do some damage with baking (good damage) We make quite the team.

So, it's nearing the end of day 3 and I've noticed I am not only training my body but my mind as well. Usually when the kids go to bed, I'll curl up with a good book or my Kindle or watch T.V. and have a snack-and not a good one. It's automatic still for me to think that's what I need to do to relax. Instead, I've been working my brain muscles and training myself to think of alternate options. To not eat after 8:30 and have a healthy snack and some tea before ending my eating for the day. I've been keeping my hands busier (and that may not be good for my wallet...) and I've been interacting with the boys more. My mind is still constantly on when I can eat next, but I can feel myself slowly changing. My sugar detox headache is going away, I slept better last night and I am peeing like a race house from all the water I've been drinking which is awesome. Yup, I celebrate going to the bathroom; it's all part of getting healthier (which comes in second to getting skinnier if I am going to be honest ;)

My hope is that when Ryan and I are done with this 40 day stuff, we will continue to incorporate good lifestyle changes into our life and hopefully start P90X which has been collecting dust on our shelf since we bought it. It helps that this is a common goal for both of us and something we're doing together. I miss doing stuff with him (but that's another post entirely)

And no, this was not a new year resolution for us, it just happened to coincidentally coincide-in case you were wondering :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Now that's what I call a New Year's ReVolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a sugar detox! Once you're through the first week you will feel a WORLD of difference!! Let me know if you need encouragement, I'm here for you :-)

    ReplyDelete